Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Inspiration

I made this resolution to blog like a good aspiring photographer should... I suppose I better get on this. 

Over the last 2 or so years as this photography venture has progressed, I've been pretty resistant to the entire blogging process.  I started the blog in lieu of a "real" website during the infancy of Project Photography.  Once my actual website went live, I only retained the blog to put up sneak peeks.  Alas, even that effort has fallen by the wayside.  I'm a child of the Facebook Age, and posting sneak peeks there just seems simpler.   

So here I am trying to figure out what in the world I'm suppose to blog about... I'm certain my mom wouldn't believe it if she knew that I can't come up with a single opinion to share with the world!  :)   Since my opinions seem to be mute for the moment, I have decided to use my opening post to share some photographers that have inspired me!
Heather Munson Photography:  I've never even actually met Heather, but the absolutely breathtaking images she took of my blondie nephew inspired me to start doing Kids Photography.  I'm still amazed by her work and visit her website and blog often to check out what she's been up to!  I must say- she is the most gifted Newborn photographer I follow!
Lauren Lea Photography: Again, another inspiration I've never actually met!  Lauren is a friend of my sister's... She has some of the cutest, most creative ideas!  A true artist at heart!  I notice myself getting into lulls of the same photos over and over again-  but I never see that on Lauren's site!  Such fresh and creative ideas all the time!  I've thoroughly enjoyed watching her grow and flourish as a photographer! 
Donna Harris Photography: I've had the privilege of working with Donna on a couple weddings.  She inspires me on many levels- personal and professional.  While I truly love her photography style and think she has a real gift, she has most influenced me with her business sense and energy/ love for photography!  It never fails when I'm in a photo-rut, I can visit Donna's blog and be energized by her cute stories and images- and not to mention this girl shot a wedding with me when she was 5 months pregnant! 


No comments:

Post a Comment